Achievements for this year to date
Looking back on what has already gone past of this year, I have managed to successfully achieve a number of things:
- Established an emergency fund.
- Updated this site with a new layout.
- Learned a number of skills for online business.
- Paid off my non-interest loan.
- Successfully passed my university classes.
- Stopped smoking for over six months.
- Read the following books:
- How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie.
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T Harv Eker.
- 80/20 Principle by Richard Koch.
- Letters from a Stoic by Seneca.
- Dialogues and Letters by Seneca.
- Gain confidence with the power of NLP (stands for Neuro Linguistic Programming).
- How to be rich working two days a week by Brendan Nichols.
- I will teach you to be rich by Ramit Sethi.
- Think and Grow Rich, 1937 version (previously only read the 1960's version) by Napoleon Hill.
- Developed a new perspective on life and my goals.
- Started to decrease by online life. Facebook and Myspace in particular seem to be costing me more time than the satisfaction they bring.
- Spent more time with family and loved ones.
- Started to embrace the minimalist life by reducing clutter and distractions.
- Become more content with where I am in life (still not with university, it is really slow for me).
- Was offered and subsequently accepted a position in the Golden Key International Honours Society.
- Traveled interstate twice with work.
- Identified the importance of having a work/life balance.
- Rekindled old friendships.
- Found the cure for cancer (I wish).
Looking back some of these achievements tie into my goals, others do not so much. Sometimes it is good to look back and notice the forward progression, especially when things seem to be a little stagnant.
What have you achieved in 2009? The three things to consider when reflecting upon your what you have achieved is:
- What have I learned?
- What am I learning?
- How am I progressing forward?